Monday, May 5, 2008

Card Technique for April

I know that I am a few days late with the April Card Technique, but April was a little bit busy and I had to order some stuff to do this card and didn't get it ordered until the end of April. This card technique is called Cracked Glass. As always, I got this card idea from someone else. Anyway, here is the card I made.This is how the card is made:
  1. Stamp your image on cardstock
  2. Add color if you want
  3. Apply versamark over the entire piece of cardstock
  4. Put cardstock in a powder pal and pour Glassy Glaze over the entire image
  5. Heat powder with heat gun until melted. When you are done, your cardstock will have a bumpy, linoleum layer of Glassy Glaze.
  6. While Glassy Glaze is still hot, add more powder over cardstock. The 2nd layer will look smoother
  7. Repeat step #6
  8. Bend cardstock carefully until embossed layer cracks. Repeat on different spots until you get the look you want
  9. Sponge cracks if you want them to look more prominent
  10. Buff with a paper towel to pick up ink that didn't seep into the cracks
  11. Finish Card.

If you are in my Stamp Club, this is another card that we will be making at Stamp Club this month. It is a lot of fun and I have really enjoyed learning some new techniques!

1 comment:

Smiley Family said...

Cute Cute Cute!! I am so excited for the next Stamp Club so I can make both of your cards, they are adorable! I seriously love the gift card holder card. Can't wait:)